The complete redesign of our best selling Hunter2 26” wheel step-through bike has been created around the newly available shorter semi-integrated battery that locks into the down tube. This makes the bike the same length as a standard road bike and improves weight distribution and appearance. Additionally, we have incorporated further developments in electric bike components and technology, without creating an expensive bike. To achieve this we have specified many standard branded bicycle parts.
The Hunter2 can either be fitted with a 36V X 10Ah battery or a long distance 36V X 16Ah battery. The rider controls the electric part of the bike with a new LED display giving the rider 5 power options.
The bikes are designed for 50/50 pedal assist with throttle override. The new much faster-acting pedal assist sensor cuts power in virtually immediately as the pedals are turned and cuts out equally as quickly if you stop pedalling or brake. The right-hand thumb throttle allows the bike to travel 4mph from a standing start. This ensures immediate power to aid hill starts. When riding, the throttle overrides the pedal assist and gives full power up to 15.5mph (25kph for EU law.)
The bikes are fitted with a rotation pedal assist sensor, so the rider can always benefit from the full power of the bike even if unable to pedal strongly. Many other components have been modified to create a modern everyday reliable electric bikes-including, the rear hub motors, the comfort saddles and front suspension forks.
The Axcess 2 range of bikes all use the same electronic and electric components, so making it easier for us to keep a comprehensive range of spares.
- The frames on the bikes are guaranteed 24 months.
- The motors on the bikes are guaranteed 24 months.
- The batteries have a 24-month qualified guarantee. 90% capacity after 12 months and 80% capacity after 24 months. The right is reserved to inspect the battery for signs of neglect, lack of use, misuse or immersion in water.
- All other components are guaranteed 12 months.
- Consumable items such as brake pads and tyres are not covered unless of faulty construction.