As at 1st July all Wisper specifications have changed. This page is currently being updated. Please note: The Wisper 806T is available in black and not grey.
The folding Wisper 806 was introduced in late 2016 and has been a benchmark for good quality since that time. We now have this neat folding version of the Wisper 806 range in stock and this can be upgraded to the 806T with the replacement of certain parts to convert the bike from a rotation sensor on the pedal assist to a torque sensor. The changes are detailed in the specification part of this page.
The frame shape follows the S-shaped down tube of the 705 and with the battery mounted on the rear parcel rack and a small frame, the bike has a very neat appearance. The 806 specification in the Wisper now shares all the components of the T range, except as detailed in the specification. The 16 inch frame makes the bike suitable for a small rider, and there is a long seat post that can be raised for the taller person.
The latest high efficiency 250W brushless motor in the rear hub is operated through a cadence sensor. The 375Wh, 575Wh and 700Wh batteries are the same physical size so they are interchangeable throughout the whole range of Wisper bikes. Finished in Black Silk paint – oven hardened. Black polycarbonate “shatterproof” mudguards and folding pedals give the bike a thoroughly modern appearance
As you would expect from a Wisper the bikes are almost silent and ergonomically comfortable.
Wisper Extended Warranty
- Bicycle and Electrical Components Two Years
- All bicycle components, excluding brake pads, discs, tyres and other wearable components.
- Electrical components, including controller, LCD display, speed or torque sensor, battery, motor, lights and battery charger.
- Battery Two Years
- Battery Voltage is warranted not to fall by more than 30% within two years after purchase.
- Your battery Warranty will be void if any attempt is made to open the battery case, unless authorised in writing by an officer of Amps Electric Bikes Ltd.
- Frame Ten Years
- Wisper frames are warranted against failure for ten years. The frame does not include any bearings, fixings, the rack or front forks and paintwork is excluded.
- Exceptions to the Warranty
- Consumable items such as tyres, inner tubes, chains, chain wheels, sprockets, brake pads, handlebar grips or cables.
- Corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in the paint, water damage, the results of fatigue and any damage, failure or loss caused by accident, misuse, abuse or theft.
- Poor care and maintenance, overloading with excessive weight, towing, incorrect assembly and modifications to the bike, mounting and remounting of accessories.
- Damage resulting from use in competitions, jumping or other types of extreme use.
- General Conditions
- Warranties are transferable on the condition that the bike is certified in good working order by an authorised Wisper Service Centre at the time of the transfer. The transfer application must be made in writing to Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd with a letter from the Wisper Service Centre certifying the bicycle is in good working order. Full details of the original owner with a copy of the original sales invoice showing frame and battery serial numbers must be provided. The warranty is only transferred on confirmation in writing from Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. Any warranty claim by the second owner must be accompanied by a copy of this confirmation.
- Your bike will only be covered under this warranty on the condition it was purchased from an approved Wisper retailer.
- Proof of purchase with date of purchase must be supplied if requested.
- All warranty work must be performed by an approved Wisper Service Centre.
- Warranty includes the replacement of parts and the cost of shipping to an approved Wisper Service Centre based in the UK.
- Claims for loss of use or any other compensation are excluded.
- In the event of any claim on warranty, the original warranty period will not be extended.
- In the case of a claim for a damaged frame, the frame or complete bike (cleaned) must be sent to Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd for examination. We reserve the right to charge for any labour, and/or delivery and collection.
- Your warranty will be void if you elect to repair a defective product yourself or if you use a replacement part not supplied by Amps Electric Bikes Ltd.
- We will not be liable for any damage, failure or loss caused by the use of unauthorised components.
- Disassembling any part or component beyond that which is shown in the Owner’s Manual will void the warranty on that item and any other components that we determine are affected by such disassembly.
Keeping You on the Road
If within the two-year warranty period, your Wisper bike malfunctions and is not usable due to a failure covered in our Warranty. We will on request from the supplying Wisper Service Centre supply a courtesy bike for your use until your Wisper bicycle is back on the road. We cannot guaranty you will receive the same model. Courtesy bikes must be returned in a clean and road worthy condition or a charge may be made. We reserve the right to charge you the full new retail price if a courtesy bike is lost or is not returned when requested.
Failure to register your Wisper Bike on-line within two weeks of purchase will disqualify you from receiving a courtesy bike in the event of a breakdown.
Keeping You on the Road is only available on Wisper Electric Bicycle Models and only applies to the original purchaser, if you need confirmation please contact us.
Nothing in the above affects your statutory rights.